Pilates 4 Fitness
As well as a Chiropractor, Sharon is an Advanced Level 3 Pilates Instructor and qualified with Oxford, Cambridge and RSA (OCR) in July 2009. She recently gained a qualification in Pilates and the Older Adult Level 3 CYQ (October 2014). She is on the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs).
The classes are suitable for beginners and mixed ability level and attract both male and female clients who are either recovering from injury or are hoping to improve their posture, flexibility and also want to prevent injury.
She currently runs four classes in Taunton:-
- Tuesdays 6.15-7.15pm and 7.30-8.30pm at Taunton School Sports Club
- Thursdays 10-11am and 6.15-7.15pm at Riverside Church, Hamilton Road
- Thursdays 7:30pm Riverside Church Pilates 4 Runners
Pilates 4 Running
Running is a repetitive activity which means that weaknesses or imbalances in your body could potentially occur because certain muscles are overused whilst others are underused. This of course can result in a variety of injuries from lower back pain to hip and knee problems.
The Benefits of Pilates
Over time Pilates exercises can help by activating the weaker muscles, lengthen the tight muscles and create better alignment.
- Strengthen your back and abdominal muscles
- Lengthen and align your spine
- Improve your posture
- Expand your diaphragm
- Increase your overall flexibility, strength and balance
- Increase the range of movement in your hips and shoulders
- Enhance your concentration through focused breathing
- Help you run with a more upright stance
- Help you recover faster after long runs and from injuries
Pilates exercises create a stronger and more stable core which helps a runner:
- To strengthen your back and abdominal muscles
- Improve your running posture
- Increase your flexibility, strength and balance
- Run more efficiently uphill and downhill with a stabilised musculature
- Experience less tightening of the neck, head and shoulders
- Increase oxygenation and stamina with focused breathing
- Decrease fatigue because of less strain on the body
- Improve your times because you move more efficiently
- Run without pain!
- Promotes faster recovery from injury
And of course Pilates is relaxing and very enjoyable too!